Hamilton Community Foundation is a resource to donors who want to give in a way that is meaningful to them and impacts the community.
We combine our in-depth community knowledge, grantmaking and professional investment expertise to offer you a complete range of philanthropic services. At HCF we:
- Help you identify and describe the community issues that are important to you.
- Suggest organizations and initiatives to support through your grants.
- Offer a range of fund options that meet your personal and financial goals.
- Provide opportunities to visit organizations and see the impact of your grants.
- Invest your donations as part of our professionally managed investment pool that benefits from economies of scale.
- Engage your family in philanthropy, if that is your goal.
- Provide annual reporting of your HCF fund’s activities and balance.
There are many ways to give, now and in the future. If you are considering making a donation through your will we can assist you and your advisor in selecting the wording that best meets your objectives.
At HCF, we provide many options for your giving, ranging from establishing your own fund with the name and purpose you choose, to contributing to one or more existing funds, including the broader Community Fund.
Establishing a fund at HCF can be quick and easy. These documents describe the types of funds available at HCF: Community Fund, designated fund, donor-advised fund, field-of-interest fund and scholarship & bursary fund.
Becoming a fundholder is an exciting way to have an impact today while creating a legacy that will last forever.
Read more about some of our donors. We are your philanthropic partner in driving positive change.