Hamilton Community Foundation is a resource to donors who want to give in a way that has meaning to them and impact in the community.
We combine our in-depth community knowledge, grantmaking and professional investment expertise to offer you a complete range of philanthropic services, including:
- Helping you decide the areas and issues that are important to you.
- Suggesting the organizations and initiatives where your grants would have the greatest impact.
- Offering you a range of fund options that meet your personal and financial goals.
- Providing opportunities to visit organizations and see the impact of your grants.
- Investing your donations as part of a professionally managed investment pool and benefit from economies of scale.
- Engaging your family in philanthropy if that is your goal.
- Providing annual reporting of your HCF fund’s activities and balance.
There are many ways to give, now and in the future. If you are considering making a gift through your will we can assist you and your advisor in selecting the wording that best meets your objectives.
At HCF, we provide donors with many options to direct their giving, ranging from establishing your own fund with the name and purpose you choose, to contributing to one or more existing funds, including the broader Community Fund.
Establishing a fund at HCF can be quick and easy. These documents describe the types of funds available at HCF: Community Fund, designated fund, donor-advised fund, field-of-interest fund and scholarship & bursary fund.
Becoming a fundholder is an exciting way to have an impact today while creating a legacy that will last forever.
Read more about some of our donors. We are your philanthropic partner in driving positive change.