APPLICATION DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 14, 2018:
Please note new application process via online portal. Link and instructions below.
The Edith H. Turner Foundation Fund was established in memory of Edith H. Turner, a lifelong Hamiltonian and only child of Sarah Jane and George A. Turner, a developer in the north east Hamilton. Edith H. Turner died in 1983.
The purpose of the Edith H. Turner Foundation Fund is to assist and provide funds in the fields of education, health, humanities and social development in Hamilton.
Priorities & Criteria
The Edith H. Turner Fund supports evidence-informed programs and services designed to support children/youth; families; and adults in Hamilton who are experiencing marginalization. Grants are generally one-year in duration and range from $2,000 to $25,000.
The fund is specifically interested in investing in organizations achieving significant impact providing services and programming across the following program areas:
- Stable Homes Stable Families
- Healthy Bodies and Minds
- Educational/learning support across the ages
The Foundation will be looking for applications which:
- Are evidence-informed and/or present the opportunity to pilot innovative new strategies
- Address significant needs or gaps in service for this population
- Provide evidence of collaborative/coordinated approach to service provision
The fund does not support:
- capital campaigns
- grants to individuals
- endowment requests or deficit reduction
- team sponsorships or trips
- political or religious activities
- one-time events outside of the broader context of a program
- activities outside of Hamilton
Access the online application portal here.
Before you apply, please read the following carefully:
- Use Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari to open the application
- Make sure you have the following before you begin your application:
- Registered Charitable Number (for either the applicant organization or fiscal sponsor)
- Annual budget for the project
- Brief description of the project
- In order to complete your application, you will be required to submit the following:
- HCF Requested Budget Form (the amount you are requesting from HCF for your project)
- HCF Other Sources of Funding table (details of any other funding you are receiving for the project, including any in-kind contributions)
- HCF Program Activity and Outcomes chart (detailed breakdown of activities and anticipated outcomes of the project)
- A copy of the total project budget (a budget for the project as a whole)
- List of current board members (of the organization holding charitable status)
- A copy of this year’s operating budget (of the organization holding charitable status)