This fund supports environmental protection, projects that assist women’s shelters and hostels and helping local organizations provide support to clients at Christmas.
Priorities & Criteria
Applications are accepted to support projects in three fields:
- environmental protection,
- aid to abused women and children – by granting to projects that assist Women’s shelters and hostels, and address the needs of woman and children in crisis
- helping local organizations provide support to clients at Christmas Please note that for 2020 applications for Christmas support will be by invitation only.
Preference is given to organizations based in Hamilton, Ontario
Access the online application portal here. Application deadline October 9, 2020.
Before you apply, please read the following carefully:
Grants generally range from $1,000 – $5,000
- Use Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari to open the application
- Make sure you have the following before you begin your application:
- Registered Charitable Number (for either the applicant organization or fiscal sponsor)
- Annual budget for the project
- Brief description of the project
- In order to complete your application, you will be required to submit the following:
- Project Financials Form (the amount you are requesting from HCF for your project and details of any other funding you are receiving for the project, including any in-kind contributions)
- A copy of the total project budget (a budget for the project as a whole)
- List of current board members (of the organization holding charitable status)
- A copy of this year’s operating budget (of the organization holding charitable status)
- Most recent audited financial statements (of the organization holding charitable status)
Application and report forms