This fund supports recreation needs of low-income children, youth at risk and children with special needs.
Grants generally are in the $2,000 to $8,000 range.
Priorities & Criteria
Through this fund, the Hamilton Community Foundation intends to encourage and support projects that will:
- Focus and dedicate specific resources to foster recreational initiatives
- Provide recreational opportunities to those who would otherwise not have access to them
- Promote the fact that quality recreation is an integral part of a healthy community
- Promote the value of recreation in healthy child development
- Increase the number of children and youth participating in healthy recreation
- Enhance the self-development of individuals
- Promote healthy, active living
- Encourage youth leadership development
- Strengthen social, mental and physical health of children and youth in Hamilton
The Fund has a particular interest in programs encouraging broad participation in healthy and safe recreation.
In addition to the values integral to all Hamilton Community Foundation work, proposals that address the following priorities are encouraged:
- Initiatives that are inclusive and accessible
- Initiatives that have meaningful participation of youth
- Initiatives that develop social and physical skills, improve social, mental & physical health or that foster creativity
- Initiatives that lead to positive experiences
- Initiatives that encourage youth to stay in school
- Initiatives that encourage participation from the diverse community
- Initiatives that encourage voluntarism and that develops leadership
Effective as of 2015
Please note that applications for support for March Break/December holiday camps may be considered but not summer camps. Summer camp requests are welcome to the Spectator Summer Camp Fund. If you have applied to the OEFCYR Fund in the past, please note that the limit for re-applying for the same project is three years.
Application deadline: May 4, 2018