This fund supports recreation needs of low-income children, youth at risk and children with special needs.
Grants generally are in the $2,000 to $8,000 range.
Priorities & Criteria
Through this fund, the Hamilton Community Foundation will dedicate specific resources to recreational initiatives with a focus on providing recreational opportunities to those who would otherwise not have access to them
Successful projects will:
- Promote the fact that quality recreation is an integral part of a healthy community
- Promote the value of recreation in healthy child development
- Increase the number of children and youth participating in healthy recreation
- Enhance the self-development of individuals
- Promote healthy, active living
- Encourage youth leadership development
- Strengthen social, mental and physical health of children and youth in Hamilton
In addition to the values integral to all Hamilton Community Foundation work, proposals that address the following priorities are encouraged:
- Initiatives that are inclusive and accessible
- Initiatives that have meaningful participation of youth
- Initiatives that develop social and physical skills, improve social, mental & physical health or that foster creativity
- Initiatives that lead to positive experiences
- Initiatives that encourage youth to stay in school
- Initiatives that encourage participation from the diverse community
- Initiatives that encourage voluntarism and that develops leadership
Please note that applications for support for March Break/December holiday camps may be considered but not summer camps. Summer camp requests are welcome to the Spectator Summer Camp Fund. Projects that have been funded in the past through this fund are welcome to re-apply, however priority will be given to new projects.
New for 2020
A new stream has been added to this call for proposals. Charitable organizations (or non-profit organizations under fiscal sponsorship of a registered charity) are invited to submit applications for consideration of the Fengate Recreation Fund. The purpose of the Fund is to support access to sport and recreational activities in or about the general area around the Bernie Morelli Recreation Centre.
Criteria for this funding is:
- Activities must take place within the geographic confines of Wentworth St. to the West; Ottawa St. to the East; Burlington Street to the North and the escarpment to the South
- While all recreational projects will be considered, priority will be given to sport and physical fitness initiatives
Complete and submit the online grant application with required attachments.
**Use Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari to open the application**
* If you are applying with a fiscal sponsor you must include a partnership agreement and your application must be signed by the Executive Director and Board Chair of the organization holding charitable status.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact Sharon Charters at: (905) 523-5600 x 242 / email@example.com